Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Blowing Bubbles


I would like to pay tribute to an important person in my children’s life.  They called her Granny ( kids’ term of endearment  for Grandma). She is indeed instrumental in training me and the whole family on how to raise a smarter baby. We had this infant stimulation program which I believed contributed to the intellectual aspect of a child. I trusted her because it’s her expertise. Granny has been there for us from preparation of materials for the stimulation program, to baby sitting, buying educational toys and gadgets for child proofing. Every time she leaves for Mati, Davao Oriental where she works as principal of the school which she also founded, I would be left by an outline/assignment on what to do with our program.
                                            RBW Materials ( Red, Black and White)
 


                                            Lexia few days old doing her lessons
 

                                                            
Yoowan few days old doing his lessons

Time came for my kids to go to school. She took out of her way to assess the curriculum of each school. Lexia is now in grade three while Yoowan will move up this March and will be in  grade one this coming June 2013. Kids learned early reading due to Granny’s effort. She has been there to document every milestone and made it a point to be available in school activities. I felt so lucky that even in the absence of my husband who works as sea farer outside the country, I have my MOM and my AUNT  ( Granny for my kids).
                                      Magnetic Alphabets specially hand crafted by Granny


I was bleary eyed when I look at these photos the other day. Most of the time I am out for work and other matters. Yet  with grateful hearts I look up to God for this design. The  support system being  provided for my family is truly God’s grace.
 

 




 

 
 

Upward Gaze:
Lord I thank you for the privilege of having an Aunt like Granny. Thank you for the love she has for my kids. Thank you that in my absence Granny has been there even in simple things like playing soccer and blowing their bubbles away. I will be forever grateful.
 
                                          We love you Granny. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

 

8 comments:

  1. Granny this is for you. We love you. Kids will continue to adore you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You`re so blessed ate you have an aunt like Auntie Ville..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Ging I am so blessed. The support system in the family is really great. Aside from Mamay Granny is also there for us. The kids adored her a lot. Amo yaan laong Ging she reaped what she sow. Thank you Ging for your time. I look forward to your next post.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Jan, for sharing your tribute to Granny (is that Villa?). Your kids are so blessed to be surrounded by people who care, love, and guide them in their formative years in facing the real world.

    I have my granny too Ompô Calî (Calixtra Nuñez Quiñones Martinez-Castillones), my mom's mother. She would tell us bedtime stories about love, adventure, fantasy and horror. Each story is replete with moral lessons of struggle, sacrifice, and persistence with happy ending. She would sing to us her songs, recite her poetry, and dance when inebriated with mallorca, shok tong or tubâ.

    The creation of values can be very effective at a very early stage of children’s life, particularly if he or she has a special gift. Without my ompô, I could not have developed my talent or gift.

    Your children have gifts and eyes for beauty; continue to nurture them in their own course.

    My best wishes to your kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuya Dan... thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes Granny to my kids is Auntie Villa. You're lucky too you have Ompo Cali. Very familiar.. her name rings a bell. Pirmi ko man dungan yaang name na Ompo Cali mankadi Lola mo. Wow... Awun isab kanami saan version si Tiya Minay, friend yaan ni Mamay na white haired adto kanami gahuya yaan yang mag storya kanami ng stories. Specially during full moon, we would sit in our veranda and listen to her stories. Ag isab ngawun mag andam ng tuba. ag himuon naan na bahalina or adobado. You reminded me of my childhood. I miss those times.. Ama ng simplehay lang yang life sang awun ama ng ampan complications.. Yes.. about my kids.. I learned to live simply for them. We valued their education. They already have minds of their own. Lahi da kids doon mga smart da Kuya Dan. I know God bestowed different talents on them and all we have to do is support their passion. Thanks again.

      Delete
  5. nice gah! truly people come into our lives with different purpose. some to love us, to support us, some to hurt us and for life to teach us lessons. praise God....He is a wonderful provider of Everything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi NG.. in agreement with you. Yes people come into our lives with different purpose. God did a great job.. bisan agaw arang trials ko pero He provided assistance for my family agaw wa ako mag lisuday sang mga kids. Knowing that they are safe always because Lola or Granny is there...enough reason for me to have PEACE. God is good all the time.

    ReplyDelete