Friday, March 15, 2013

Remembering Mayo



Summer time is here again. Kids look forward to their activities every summer. As a mindful MOM I want them to enjoy their childhood. I should say God has been so good to me. While I try to catch things up in the office, my kids get to enjoy summer vacation away because I have my MOM, My Aunt (Kids called her Granny) and my cousins who can look after them in my absence.
 
 




Next to our home town , Mayo is close to my heart .  It's like our second home. It is one of the barangays of Mati, Davao Oriental. We are fortunate that Granny founded a school in Mayo ( My Aunt being the principal). The place  is owned by Almario clan. In Mayo kids love watching the moon or simply gazing the stars  night.  Granny would gather  her pillows and blankets to make sure the kids are comfortable. Upper part of the shore are mostly filled with flat rocks. We find it advantageous for us older ones. Walking in barefoot is like having a massage from a good reflexologist.  
 
 
For a happier tummies,  curls and other  checherias were served.
 
Simple thing like star gazing at night or just waiting for the super moon is truly an experience my kids love and enjoy. As they say.. The best things in life are free.




 
Time for fun in the morning. Time to hit the sand.
 
 
 
I used to do this when I was a child as our house is also facing the sea. Now it's my kids' turn to write/draw in the sand. This is what they called cycle of LIFE.
 
  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
    
 Making face out of the gathered stones
 
 
                                                                  Making sand castle
 

 
                                    To go on shelling is another important part of the day
   
 

 Making Memories in the sand. Lexia took this photo


 

While Yoowan wrote his name in the sand
 
 
 
Bonded with their Mama Geloy  ( they called me mother while they called my cousins Mama)
 
 


                                                Lexia playing with Mama Nene
 
 
While Granny was in school, Lola Celia watched them from a far
 
Meriendas were served by Mama Shiela. A biscuit and a sachet of SWAK bearbrand made their day.
 
After merienda time to work on their work books . I bought plenty of work books before I sent them off.
 
Other mornings were spent on this lagoon, very ideal for the kids
 
 
        The kids loved this lagoon so much .
 
Back to her work book after swimming
 
 
 
 

                                           Other night times were spent on Music. Since I was not with them until now I do not know what lies behind this photo. I can only say, BLOOPER TIME.

Upward Gaze:
Father I thank you for the provision like this place and our host Granny. Thank you for her love to my kids. Thank you to Mamay for her unfailing love towards her grandchildren. Thank you for my cousins who took time to watch over them. Thank you for the FUN. Thank you for bringing them back safely to me. Thank you God for being so good to me. This I thank in Jesus Name. Amen.


 
 


 

6 comments:

  1. made me reminisce my childhood days too :-)
    I wish to do those things again..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tama kaw Ging... same here. When you get home for vacation let's find time to do those things again.. hehehehehehehe Olan can join us.. Hooorayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! Thanks for reading Ging. God bless you! Blog more and tag me. I am a fan.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful images of your kids, Jan, a great bonding with nature and their grandma and aunts.

    A French philosopher, Jean de La Bruyère, once said: "Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Kuya Dan... I guess it's important not to forget that child in us. Amo siguro yaan yang sikreto laong pa nilan ama ng wa ka tiguwang. I love his saying... Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely.....these are true treasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ng.. as what you said to me before the best things in life are free.. yes... true treasures

      Delete