Saturday, March 2, 2013

Majical Moments

I am a MOM for almost  nine  years now and documenting my kids’  milestone has been a part of my motherhood journey.  For the times where I could not make it in their school activities, my aunt would take her time out to do this thing on my behalf.  There  are photographs taken  in our  unguarded moments.  I am leafing those pages where I bonded  with my son,  my husband  bonded with her daughter, my Mom took an early morning walk in the  sea shore with her grandson . 
           Photo taken by my Aunt ( Villa C. Salanio)  in Mayo Bay, Mati Davao Oriental



Lexia and Papa at Villa de Mercedes Club House, Catigan, Davao City


 Lola Celia and Baby Yoowan in an early morning walk at Villa Victoria, Davao City


I treasured these majical  moments. I know time is flying so fast and my kids will have a life of their own. One day when I get old I might be literally empty handed in the house but will be certainly rich with memories in my heart.
Upward Gaze:
Thank You Heavenly Father for the gift of every moment. We know that spending  time with our  family  is part of your will. May we create a balance in terms of  our time for You, for our family and for our work.  This we ask in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Jan, these are compelling images. Malawomay yang huna-huna Tia Celia, I love this image of her with her grandson on the beach. You with your son sauntering on the seashore, it evokes the feeling of home.I also love the Father and daughter bonding. My regret, I don't have images with me and my kids together when they were young, because I'm always the photographer. Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful images and your brief memoirs--they all portray what it means to be "home," that sublime feeling with loved ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you KUya Dan. It's always a pleasure receiving comment from a national artist. You continued to inspire me. Thank you for being with me in my journey. Few people fueled my passion in writing and that passion is now on fire. I treasured your thoughts. IT has transcendental power. That encounter is also majical.

      Delete
  2. Always my pleasure, Jan. I like that--your "passion is on fire." Every moment of our life is magical, that's how I saw it especially now that I my body is getting old, but not my mind and heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kuya Dan for sharing your wisdom.

      Delete