Saturday, March 23, 2013

Working with Passion


Our Work is the presentation of our capabilities
  by : Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


I had a full day yesterday. Me and my workmates left early for us to reach our first destination at least two hours before lunch time. Though we went home very late last night, I would say it was a fruitful journey.
I would like you to make a glimpse at my two benevolent hearted companions. Alay and Kathy. Alay who is already taken will be leaving the company soon. I just thought it was a good thing we had taken the trip with him at least we were given the chance to talk about his future career and marriage plans. Kathy is our beautiful and dependable assistant relationship manager already married and blessed with two kids.

Our first  stop was  Tulunan ( Cotabato)  . While we waited for Alay to do his job, An engineer entertained me and Kathy. While we were talking about the percentage of completion of the project  I noticed  this dog . This dog has been with his master for more than three years now according to the engineer.  His master is a time keeper .  They finished several projects and had gone to different places, and this dog has always been with his master through the years. By the way the dog's name is HACHIKO. 

Hachiko was asleep the whole time we were there. This reminded me of the movie HACHIKO, the world's most loyal dog.  I cried after watching this movie. 

Our next stop was Kidapawan ( Cotabato). We had lunch at Lady M Restaurant as suggested by Alay. Though we had a long wait for our rice the food is yummy. Very true. Thank you Lay and thanks to Peter, our branch head  in Kidapawan.  
 Peter, Kathy, Me and Alay



Then we visited four accounts after our lunch. We were able to get data we required  and also discussed our  important concerns with our accounts.   I would like to share the following photos I captured in between our calls.
  This  is one of my favorite fruits. My first time to see Mangosteen tree bearing fruit.
Geese. They are good security guards. The owner of the Apartment where we stay during school days have these creatures.

 While we were having our merienda i told Kathy to hold this juice. See..... She can be a perfect model for this product. I love her smile.
   I love the fresh air in this site.

It was getting dark when we left Kidapawan. We visited another site. I love this job. It gives us the chance to know different industries. Most of all, different people from different  walks of life.  I will share few photos. This amazed Kathy. Finally she saw how rubber is being processed.

These are rubber sheets for air drying. 



 This looks like a bread pudding so yummy to look at.  From rubber sheets after going through another process it becomes a crumb rubber.

  
This is called bale or SPR ( Standard Philipine Rubber). Now ready for shipment. 
It's just amazing. From a rubber tree now we're wearing our rubber shoes, our havainas and other rubber flip flops. Now we are driving our cars, now we have hoses to water our garden. Too numerous products to count from a rubber tree.
 


 Our ride. It was really dark when we left the place.
  When we reached Digos we  were stuck in this traffic for an hour. Good we were able to buy food from Bansalan from Kidapawan ( their famous cup cakes) and  from Mers in Digos as our pasalubong. We compensated our waiting time by munching. ( Minute in the lips lifetime in our hips).  Arrived home late at night. I did not anymore look at the watch I know it was very  late. My kids were all asleep. I had a full day. 


Just a kiss to my two chubby angels would take my weariness away. Yes.. I had a fruitful day.


Upward Gaze:
 I thank you  Lord for bringing us home safely to our loved ones and I pray Lord that you will continue to bless the works of our hands. Amen.





2 comments:

  1. It shows in your blog, Jan, that work can also be fun, a source of joy and fulfillment. And the key to work, as you said, is “passion” with dedication and that sense of shared goal and vision with fellow workers. Your images are sublimely refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kuya Dan. You're right work can also be fun a source of joy and fulfillment. Our calls are very essential and it pace to know the industry you are processing. Work can also be a good source of knowledge, insights and inspirations. I would say God did a great job by giving me this type of job. I am able to expand my horizon. Thanks for your comment. It has always been a majical encounter for me. Many thanks.

      Delete