Monday, March 11, 2013

Blue Momories



I will be leafing those pages of my life spent  with our blue baby sister. She is very special not only  because she has congenital  defect in her heart  but because God made her extra-special too. Born on January 30, 1975 named Joannette C. Dacuycuy. We called her TETE. Yes.. I chose Blue Memories for this blog post because even then  when she was alive we knew that any point in time  God would take her home.  I get very emotional as I am writing this now. There is pain and comfort at the same time  knowing Tete is now at peace with her creator. She was so certain of her salvation. Let me share with you how and who she was as a child.
Her fingers are like lolly pop, her skin is a bit blue, her blood is blue violet ( she was wounded several times and I could still imagine the color of her blood, straight haired). Tete is very beautiful.



                                                       She was the apple of our eyes


She loved this sofa ( at the previous house of our brother Mano Auxing in Tacloban)

                       She loved to perform a little gymnastic move despite her congenital defect.






                                       She loved gardening as well.                                                                   

                                                                           

                                                         She was a good dancer too.


                     Tete with our father here enjoying soft drink, still in her favorite couch.



                                       She loved eating cookies.. pasalubong from our Dad.
                                         My sister Joancille joined her with my two aunts.

                                     I joined Tete here. Taken at Jumaw-as Residence in Cebu City

                         Tete with our playmates. En-En from Left, Myself with a very black and shiny hair, Joancille my sister with a curly hair, Peter ( the son of Tiyo Pabling our trusted driver then)  Randy and Tata our neighbors and Ecel our grand child.
With our Mom whom we dearly called "MAMAY". I love that lamp above the cabinet. We called that Petromax. ( Wala pa po kaming electricity in Cateel at that time).


                                     With our Auntie Lanie who married a captain of this vessel

          She gets to travel as well. Here with our relatives in Tandag the Serra family. I have not met them actually until now.
She attended school and reports rarely on class  because of her condition but she wan an honor student. She's very intelligent child and she has   unique leadership.
Because we know she would be gone anytime, All request should be granted. She wanted to be Reyna Elena for Flores de Mayo. It was money contest. My Mom had to find all her means just to make her the queen.
                                                Wish Granted. She was the QUEEN.



Photos below are her photos before she passed away. Sadly we were in Cateel.
Taken at Shrine Hills, Davao City with MAMAY
      With our MOM



With Goldie, our special child ( my cousin's child), another angel.

Her solo shot
        Our photo before we laid our beloved Father to his resting place. Tete being carried by our MOM. Our Dad died on January 26, 1981  at exactly 3:26 pm. I was 6 years old, Joancille was 7 and Tete was 5 years old.
Tete  joined the angels of our Lord  in August 10, 1987.  I chose this photo because Mano Auxing and Mano Nacing my brothers are also in this photo. Both also passed away in 2011.

This is Roche Angon. Our dearest Babet. She is Tete's best friend, her favorite classmate in elementary. She had good words for Babet. She is working with United Nation. ( Bet I know you will be going to Australia soon, I wish to spend time with you. Spenting time with you is also like spenting time with Tete. I can see Tete in you. You will always be my adopted sister.  I get bleary eyed whenever I write you something. Just want you to know You are special to me.)
Yes... Blue momories. Come to think of it. Spending time with  someone whom you know would be gone anytime. TETE  our blue baby sister left us with  her favorite  book and chapter  in the bible: We would like to credit our Auntie Villa for bringing her close to Jesus. I am certain Tete is now in HEAVEN.

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd
I have all that I need
He lets me rest in green meadows
He leads me beside peaceful streams
He renews my strength
He guides me along right paths
bringing honor to His name
Even when I walked through the darkest valley
I will not be afraid for you are close beside me
Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me
You prepared a feast for me in the presence of my enemies
You honor me by annointing my head with oil
My cup overflows with blessings
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
All the days of my life
and I will live in the house of the Lord
FOREVER.
The flower I arranged during my last visit in Cateel.
All for my blue baby sister
Our dearest TETE.
We love you Te!













10 comments:

  1. I can still remember her ate.. She was my brother`s classmate and I saw her once, she`s sleeping in the class, hehehe I think she`s in grade 3 under mam neri.. And yes, she`s very beautiful... She's the only pupil then allowed to sleep in the class.. When she passed away, we were sad too as we not just a lost a beauty but a very nice neighbor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ging thank you for sharing your memoir of Tete. You know this family is really unique. Joancille i would say is color white, I am black while TETE is blue. Thank you so much Ging. I am very emotional on this topic. This very early you and Kuya Dan really made me cry. Knowing how special she was to all of you in the town.. Thanks Ging. Looking forward to your next post. Please share in my wall. Thanks. God bless!

      Delete
  2. Hi Jan, I have more vivid memories of your sister, Joannette, than you and Joancille when you were kids.

    She was so delicate with coyly look and reluctant smile on her blue-violet lips. Her eyes reflect her pensive thoughts, as if her mind was an immense ocean—deep and unfathomable.

    I could not forget when she smiled and looked at me with those deep melancholic eyes when I was at your home one time. It is still vividly etched in my mind.

    When she died (I was in Palo, Leyte at that time), I felt very sad because, deep in my heart, I had wished for her to live longer to see her dreams blossom.

    Thank you for sharing this sublime memoir of her, Jan. She was not only special to your family but to us all in our town. She was like a seraph from heaven that trod in our town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kuya Dan. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I broke into tears after reading your comment. I just realized now how special she was not only to our family but to all of you in our town. She was uniquely designed by God. I sometimes wonder why God stamped a different design on my life. Having a DAD whose half century older than my mom, having a blue baby sister, i underwent bell's palsy and my daughter was diagnosed of kawasaki disease ( both rare diseases), this abnormal family set up etc. I had too many questions in mind. I am now beggining to unfold that mystery. Putting all this together in a box including my life's never ending ups and downs ....Maybe God one day will make me his mouthpiece. I am swimming along with the current now and one day I'll get there. Thank you again for your time. I'll be giving you a big big hug one day. Receiving your comment as I have said has always been a majical encounter. Many many thanks.

      Delete
  3. Always my pleasure, Jan, and yes, a big hug would make a difference.

    Each one of us has a burden to carry, but not too heavy, just enough for us to live and share the beauty of life, and make other’s load lighter to bear.

    We are all parallel to each other’s journey….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Salamatay Kuya Dan. I called that living a purposeful LIFE. I am looking forward to our meeting... a meeting of two delicate SOULS with transcendental power. ( hehehehehehehe). I hope you'll have exhibit here in Davao. Take care of your health. God bless us all!

      Delete
  4. Too many memories when it comes to tete... But our sunday school under the care of auntie villa were my favorite... We learn together "John the baptist", "adam and eve", "ark of Noah" and all other Bible characters... We love to draw and color... We learn together to make our "personal prayers" to keep her healthy and happy... We laugh together... Dream together... Pray together... Nothing but happy memories i had shared with Tete...

    And oh! not to forget... A VICKS vaporub completes her day!

    It's been years, but a good memory with you never fades... Love yah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow..... you reminded me about the vicks. Dapat di mawa yang Vicks. You're right. it completes her day. Thanks for sharing. Love you too!

      Delete
  5. for everything that happens in this world, there is a reason. he giveth-he taketh. yeah gah, i was able to relate to the feelings of uncertainty, anxiety, and fear as i read your blog. i thank God for facilitating tintoy's surgery and healing, the doctors who strive hard to perform their duties, and to the unsung heroes like you, friends and relatives, and even the ordinary people who didn't know us, (they are too many) that shared their blessings, so tintoy's surgery will come to pass. i know God touch the hearts of everyone, and amidst all these trials.....we all come out unscratched, because i know, deep in my heart, my faith in him did not waver, not a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very TRUE Ng. That's SACRED TRUST. No one can question God's will. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Yes.. we always have our divine helpers. Truly that's God's grace. Love you!

      Delete