Friday, March 1, 2013

Tugki: The Place I called HOME

Even after Typhoon Pablo lashed our home town, I will still go back to our place. My soul have several reasons why. I grew up living in  a place called  Tugki. I wish I had the chance to ask my Dad and my half-brother who were both historians  why they named our place Tugki  . Later on I knew its meaning through my niece Armi who also has the passion in writing. Wow… Tugki is a local dialect which means POINT. Located along Dacuycuy Street ( towards  the end of the road if you go left) in Cateel, Tugki is surrounded by a river and it faces the bank of a river facing the Pacific Ocean as well. I would like to leaf those pages of my life why I will never trade my Home, even if we do not have a house yet. So saddened  by what Pablo did to our house.


I will now leaf that page why a part of me longs to always be HOME. First and foremost, I would say we are privileged to reside in a place where we could  see how the sun rises. During night time especially when it’s full moon, you would  see the water glitters amidst the rippling tide. Not to mention the soothing sound of the waves as it kissed the shore. I just love to sit in the veranda of the house  watching the dawn of the day broke down while sipping a  cup of coffee with my hubby. I took those moments very majical.  




Now that I am a MOM, I  bring  back the memories I have  everytime I watch my kids  doing the same stuff I did as a child. We love putting these crabby creatures in a  jar. Little Yoowan and Lexia also  love to play in the rain and go for early morning walk around Tugki.  My nephew Arman developed Tugki, Rio Vista a small hotel with a bar and restaurant . Though destroyed by Typhoon Pablo, rebuilding process is now in progress. I live in the faith zone that in God's  time, everything will be restored.
We called these in our own dialect "Koka"


 Tugki Rio Vista
Kid's ( Lexia and Yoowan) early morning walk in Tugki
My little boy "Yoowan" just taking time to relax in this bench. After Pablo this bench remained intact. I also love to watch the fishermen in the morning as they throw their nets. It brought  me back to my senses that at the end of the day… there is happiness in simplicity. I could also feel God’s embrace with the morning breeze. And when I look up to the clouds… Wow… It’s like God pouring out paints.  

Upward Gaze:
Heavenly Father, we praise you for your wonderful creation. We thank you for the privilege of being able to enjoy the beauty that surrounds our place. In these moments of uncertainty ( it seemed like Davao Oriental is becoming a normal route of typhoon), we pray  for your  mantle of protection. In Jesus Name, We pray. Amen.


2 comments:

  1. Jan, thank you so much for sharing this. It's fantastic, I did not know that you developed this place, kaguapohay ng lugar. I can write poems here or compose music. I have unforgettable memories here--- haaayyy! I'm looking forward to see this place, or maybe stay overnight there. I'll share some secrets in this place, haw madayon yang reunion nato. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kuya Dan, It's developed by Arman, Mano Auxing's son. Though affected by typhoon Pablo they have plans to rebuild it. The core of the building is still there, i guess the rebuilding is now in progress. Our house is yet to be constructed. For now Mamay is focused in Bag-idanan. Tugki will remain special in my heart. Imbes agaw maganahay da gaw ngadto yaagihan ni Pablo. I am now living in the faith zone that in time everything will be restored, or perhaps mas ma improve pa nilan yang Tugki Rio Vista. Salamat sang panahun mo pagbasa Kuya dan. Take care especially your health. I will pray for your healing.

    ReplyDelete